THE DR BUCK MCCOY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Students meeting the following criteria shall be eligible to apply for The Dr. Buck McCoy Memorial Scholarship. (Fund #4148):
- Candidates must be enrolled in any College of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a full time undergraduate student.
- Candidates shall have a freshman class standing or above.
- Candidates shall have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Candidates shall be graduates of a California High School, and at the time they are admitted to attend UNL, they shall have a permanent California address within the following zip code ranges: 93900-95199 inclusive, and 95400-95599 inclusive.
- Financial need may be one of the criteria in making this award but shall not be the controlling factor.
- Incoming freshmen must submit a Freshman Scholarship Application by December 15th to be considered for the following semester.
- Returning or transferring students must submit an Upper-Class Scholarship Application by January 31st to be considered for the following semester.
- The Scholarship Committee of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will determine recipients of this scholarship.
- This scholarship shall be awarded without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
- Applications are available from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid-UNL at any time. It is helpful to the office if you specify the Bay Area Huskers “The Dr. Buck McCoy Hobart Davis Memorial Scholarship” on you application.
For more information contact:
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
17 Canfield Administration Building
Lincoln, NE 68488-0411
Phone: Main Financial Aid (402) 472-2030
Toll Free: Main Financial Aid (800) 742-8800 Ext. 2030
Fax (402) 472-9826
Website: Information for Prospective Students – unl.edu/ucomm/prospective/
Website: Information for Scholarship and Financial Aid – unl.edu/scholfa/