» Two Nebraska Games Selected for BTN Night Telecasts
22/04/14 15:50 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Nebraska continues to add prime-time appearances to its 2014 football schedule. BTN announced its schedule of 2014 evening telecasts Tuesday, including NU's games against Illinois and at Northwestern.
» Huskers to Play Night Game in Fresno
17/04/14 18:13 from Nebraska Football Headline News
The Mountain West Conference announced on Thursday that Nebraska's Sept. 13 football game at Fresno State will be televised in prime time on CBS Sports Network.
» Two Husker Games Set for Prime Time
15/04/14 16:01 from Nebraska Football Headline News
The Big Ten Conference and ESPN/ABC announced Tuesday that Nebraska's 2014 games against Miami and Michigan State will be televised in prime time on the ESPN family of networks.
» The N-Sider’s 10 Favorite Spring Game Photos
13/04/14 06:26 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Saturday was one of those days for the ages. Bo Pelini was so open, so calm and so collected, I wanted to follow his lead and do something equally offbeat to honor his leadership, emulate his
» Offense Prevails in Red/White Scrimmage
12/04/14 22:46 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Imani Cross rushed for 100 yards and two scores, while Nebraska's four quarterbacks combined for 356 yards and three TDs, as the Red team won the annual Red/White Spring Game with a 55-46 victory.
THE DR BUCK MCCOY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Students meeting the following criteria shall be eligible to apply for The Dr. Buck McCoy Memorial Scholarship. (Fund #4148):
- Candidates must be enrolled in any College of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a full time undergraduate student.
- Candidates shall have a freshman class standing or above.
- Candidates shall have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Candidates shall be graduates of a California High School, and at the time they are admitted to attend UNL, they shall have a permanent California address within the following zip code ranges: 93900-95199 inclusive, and 95400-95599 inclusive.
- Financial need may be one of the criteria in making this award but shall not be the controlling factor.
- Incoming freshmen must submit a Freshman Scholarship Application by December 15th to be considered for the following semester.
- Returning or transferring students must submit an Upper-Class Scholarship Application by January 31st to be considered for the following semester.
- The Scholarship Committee of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will determine recipients of this scholarship.
- This scholarship shall be awarded without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
- Applications are available from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid-UNL at any time. It is helpful to the office if you specify the Bay Area Huskers “The Dr. Buck McCoy Hobart Davis Memorial Scholarship” on you application.
For more information contact:The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
17 Canfield Administration Building
Box 880411 Lincoln, NE 68488-0411
Phone: Main Financial Aid (402) 472-2030
Toll Free: Main Financial Aid (800) 742-8800 Ext. 2030
Website: Information for Prospective Students - unl.edu/ucomm/prospective/
Website: Information for Scholarship and Financial Aid - unl.edu/scholfa/
Previous Scholarship Recipients:
- Thomas Dinges, San Mateo 1990/1991, 1991/1992, 1992/1993 (3 Years)
- Kelly Christensen, Walnut Creek 1993/1994, 1994/1995 (2 Years)
- Alison Heil, Sonoma 1995/1996 (1 Year)
- Karma Magnuson, Gilroy 1996/1997 (1 Year)
- Lori Leigh Tshannen, Walnut Creek 1997/1998 (1 Year)
- Thomas Chekouras, Boulder Creek 1998/1999 - 1st Semester (1 Semester)
- Debra Osteen, Clayton 1998/1999 - 2nd Semester, 1999/2000 (1.5 Years)
- Molly Merrell, Fairfield 1999/2000 (1 Year)
- Nicholas Tuttle 2000/2001 (1 Year)
- Andrea Van Pegeghem, Alamo 2002/2003 (1 Year)
- Lauren Bailey, San Mateo 2003/2004 (1 Year)
- Megan Hohlfeld, San Jose 2003/2004, 2004/2005 (2 Years)
- Elaine Santore, Daly City 2003/2004, 2004/2005, 2005/2006 (3 Years)
- Bryan Bennett, Benicia - 2005/2006 (1 Year)
- Sharon Henry, Smith River - 2005/2006 (1 Year)
- Stefani Cinto, Clayton - 2005/2006, 2006/2007, 2007/2008, 2008/2009 (4 Years)
- Dana Novotny, Alamo - 2006/2007 (1 Year)
- Mark Restani , Half Moon Bay - 2006/2007 (1 Year)
- Caroline Casias, Sonoma - 2007/2008, 2008/2009, 2009/2010 (3 Years)
- Heather Borch, Santa Rosa - 2007/2008 (1 Year)
- Allyson Ramans - 2008/2009, 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (3 Years)
- Michael Cinto, Clayton - 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (2 Years)
- Amanda Ruffatto, Concord - 2011/2012, 2012/2013 (2 Years)
- Mollie Williams - 2012/2013 (1 Year)
- Marissa Coppersmith - 2012/2013 (1 Year)
- Jennifer Powers - 2012/2013 (1 Year)