» NU Productive in Sunny Conditions
11/03/14 00:24 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Lincoln, Neb.- The Nebraska football wrapped up their second spring season practice session on Monday, as the Huskers practiced outdoor two and a half hours in short and helmets.
» Huskers Kick Off 2014 Spring Practice
08/03/14 19:11 from Nebraska Football Headline News
The Nebraska football team began its 2014 spring practice season Saturday, as the Huskers practiced in the Hawks Championship Center for just over two hours in short and helmet
» Huskers Show Skills for NFL Scouts
06/03/14 21:50 from Nebraska Football Headline News
NFL scouts converged on Lincoln on Thursday to put 2013 Husker seniors through a series of drills on Nebraska's Pro Day.
» Alberts, Crouch Named to Hall of Fame Ballot
06/03/14 16:33 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Former Nebraska All-Americans Trev Alberts and Eric Crouch are among 75 former Football Bowl Subdivision players on the 2014 College Football Hall of Fame Ballot.
THE DR BUCK MCCOY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Students meeting the following criteria shall be eligible to apply for The Dr. Buck McCoy Memorial Scholarship. (Fund #4148):
- Candidates must be enrolled in any College of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a full time undergraduate student.
- Candidates shall have a freshman class standing or above.
- Candidates shall have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Candidates shall be graduates of a California High School, and at the time they are admitted to attend UNL, they shall have a permanent California address within the following zip code ranges: 93900-95199 inclusive, and 95400-95599 inclusive.
- Financial need may be one of the criteria in making this award but shall not be the controlling factor.
- Incoming freshmen must submit a Freshman Scholarship Application by December 15th to be considered for the following semester.
- Returning or transferring students must submit an Upper-Class Scholarship Application by January 31st to be considered for the following semester.
- The Scholarship Committee of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will determine recipients of this scholarship.
- This scholarship shall be awarded without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
- Applications are available from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid-UNL at any time. It is helpful to the office if you specify the Bay Area Huskers “The Dr. Buck McCoy Hobart Davis Memorial Scholarship” on you application.
For more information contact:The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
17 Canfield Administration Building
Box 880411 Lincoln, NE 68488-0411
Phone: Main Financial Aid (402) 472-2030
Toll Free: Main Financial Aid (800) 742-8800 Ext. 2030
Website: Information for Prospective Students - unl.edu/ucomm/prospective/
Website: Information for Scholarship and Financial Aid - unl.edu/scholfa/
Previous Scholarship Recipients:
- Thomas Dinges, San Mateo 1990/1991, 1991/1992, 1992/1993 (3 Years)
- Kelly Christensen, Walnut Creek 1993/1994, 1994/1995 (2 Years)
- Alison Heil, Sonoma 1995/1996 (1 Year)
- Karma Magnuson, Gilroy 1996/1997 (1 Year)
- Lori Leigh Tshannen, Walnut Creek 1997/1998 (1 Year)
- Thomas Chekouras, Boulder Creek 1998/1999 - 1st Semester (1 Semester)
- Debra Osteen, Clayton 1998/1999 - 2nd Semester, 1999/2000 (1.5 Years)
- Molly Merrell, Fairfield 1999/2000 (1 Year)
- Nicholas Tuttle 2000/2001 (1 Year)
- Andrea Van Pegeghem, Alamo 2002/2003 (1 Year)
- Lauren Bailey, San Mateo 2003/2004 (1 Year)
- Megan Hohlfeld, San Jose 2003/2004, 2004/2005 (2 Years)
- Elaine Santore, Daly City 2003/2004, 2004/2005, 2005/2006 (3 Years)
- Bryan Bennett, Benicia - 2005/2006 (1 Year)
- Sharon Henry, Smith River - 2005/2006 (1 Year)
- Stefani Cinto, Clayton - 2005/2006, 2006/2007, 2007/2008, 2008/2009 (4 Years)
- Dana Novotny, Alamo - 2006/2007 (1 Year)
- Mark Restani , Half Moon Bay - 2006/2007 (1 Year)
- Caroline Casias, Sonoma - 2007/2008, 2008/2009, 2009/2010 (3 Years)
- Heather Borch, Santa Rosa - 2007/2008 (1 Year)
- Allyson Ramans - 2008/2009, 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (3 Years)
- Michael Cinto, Clayton - 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (2 Years)
- Amanda Ruffatto, Concord - 2011/2012, 2012/2013 (2 Years)
- Mollie Williams - 2012/2013 (1 Year)
- Marissa Coppersmith - 2012/2013 (1 Year)
- Jennifer Powers - 2012/2013 (1 Year)