» Huskers Work through Finals Week
19/12/14 22:44 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Lincoln, Neb.-The Nebraska football team practiced for one hour inside the Hawks Championship Center on Friday in preparation for its Dec. 27
» 46 Husker Student-Athletes Set to Earn Degrees Saturday
19/12/14 21:53 from Nebraska Football Headline News
An impressive class of 46 current and former Husker student-athletes across all sports will earn their undergraduate degrees from the University of Nebraska during commencement exercises on Saturday starting at 9:30 a.m. at Pinnacle Bank Arena.
» Devaney Book Most Popular Holiday Gift?
18/12/14 23:39 from Nebraska Football Headline News
The most popular Christmas gift for Husker fans this season just might be DEVANEY: BIRTH OF A DYNASTY. The hard-cover 280-page book, written by the Omaha World-Herald's Henry Cordes, takes us back to
» Huskers Announce Team Award Winners
18/12/14 23:35 from Nebraska Football Headline News
Senior I-back Ameer Abdullah led the way in football team awards announced on Thursday. Abdullah was named the overall Team Most Valuable Player for the second straight year, and also earned Offensive MVP honors.
THE DR BUCK MCCOY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Students meeting the following criteria shall be eligible to apply for The Dr. Buck McCoy Memorial Scholarship. (Fund #4148):
- Candidates must be enrolled in any College of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a full time undergraduate student.
- Candidates shall have a freshman class standing or above.
- Candidates shall have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Candidates shall be graduates of a California High School, and at the time they are admitted to attend UNL, they shall have a permanent California address within the following zip code ranges: 93900-95199 inclusive, and 95400-95599 inclusive.
- Financial need may be one of the criteria in making this award but shall not be the controlling factor.
- Incoming freshmen must submit a Freshman Scholarship Application by December 15th to be considered for the following semester.
- Returning or transferring students must submit an Upper-Class Scholarship Application by January 31st to be considered for the following semester.
- The Scholarship Committee of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will determine recipients of this scholarship.
- This scholarship shall be awarded without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
- Applications are available from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid-UNL at any time. It is helpful to the office if you specify the Bay Area Huskers “The Dr. Buck McCoy Hobart Davis Memorial Scholarship” on you application.
For more information contact:The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
17 Canfield Administration Building
Box 880411 Lincoln, NE 68488-0411
Phone: Main Financial Aid (402) 472-2030
Toll Free: Main Financial Aid (800) 742-8800 Ext. 2030
Website: Information for Prospective Students - unl.edu/ucomm/prospective/
Website: Information for Scholarship and Financial Aid - unl.edu/scholfa/
Previous Scholarship Recipients:
- Thomas Dinges, San Mateo 1990/1991, 1991/1992, 1992/1993 (3 Years)
- Kelly Christensen, Walnut Creek 1993/1994, 1994/1995 (2 Years)
- Alison Heil, Sonoma 1995/1996 (1 Year)
- Karma Magnuson, Gilroy 1996/1997 (1 Year)
- Lori Leigh Tshannen, Walnut Creek 1997/1998 (1 Year)
- Thomas Chekouras, Boulder Creek 1998/1999 - 1st Semester (1 Semester)
- Debra Osteen, Clayton 1998/1999 - 2nd Semester, 1999/2000 (1.5 Years)
- Molly Merrell, Fairfield 1999/2000 (1 Year)
- Nicholas Tuttle 2000/2001 (1 Year)
- Andrea Van Pegeghem, Alamo 2002/2003 (1 Year)
- Lauren Bailey, San Mateo 2003/2004 (1 Year)
- Megan Hohlfeld, San Jose 2003/2004, 2004/2005 (2 Years)
- Elaine Santore, Daly City 2003/2004, 2004/2005, 2005/2006 (3 Years)
- Bryan Bennett, Benicia - 2005/2006 (1 Year)
- Sharon Henry, Smith River - 2005/2006 (1 Year)
- Stefani Cinto, Clayton - 2005/2006, 2006/2007, 2007/2008, 2008/2009 (4 Years)
- Dana Novotny, Alamo - 2006/2007 (1 Year)
- Mark Restani , Half Moon Bay - 2006/2007 (1 Year)
- Caroline Casias, Sonoma - 2007/2008, 2008/2009, 2009/2010 (3 Years)
- Heather Borch, Santa Rosa - 2007/2008 (1 Year)
- Allyson Ramans - 2008/2009, 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (3 Years)
- Michael Cinto, Clayton - 2009/2010, 2011/2012 (2 Years)
- Amanda Ruffatto, Concord - 2011/2012, 2012/2013 (2 Years)
- Molli E. Williams - 2012/2013, 2013/2014 (2 Years)
- Marissa Coppersmith - 2012/2013 (1 Year)
- Jennifer Powers - 2012/2013, 2013/2014 (2 Years)
- Alexandra Puatu - Legends 2014/2015
- Noah Arthur - Legends 2014/2015